
Our house will be one of the regular things I post about. Owning a house, is an adventure. There is
always something needing to be tended to. In this case, we have about two acres of yard plus an ~60 year old house. I'm not always the most patient person (with myself and projects especially), but I do enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes with doing something in the yard or around the house that results in a real, concrete thing like a fixed toilet or a new faucet. (Can you guess I've been doing plumbing lately?) I like to think, though, that I know my limits for
handyman activities. Things that require real patience to get right, for example. Or, things that if I break them will end up costing more to fix than if I'd just had someone else do it in the beginning.
My jobs have always tended to be a bit ongoing - projects don't seem to end too often. As a result, the sense of accomplishment of a job [well] done isn't frequent. That's where the house comes in. There are tons of little tasks that provide ample opportunity for feeling like I've done something. Oh, and then there's always the fact that we're actually saving money by paying our mortgage and building up equity in our house (hmm, I guess that's still true today).
Voorheesville, NY - Roger
No comments:
Post a Comment