Shelter (2007)
Excellent!
Shelter is a great movie. Too many gay themed movies are one-dimensional - silly, tear jerker, etc.; Shelter is believable and reasonably complex.
Zach feels strong family obligations to take care of his sister's 5-year old son Cody (his sister isn't very capable of doing that herself...), so he passes up a scholarship to art school and stays in town as his best friend Gabe goes off to school. Gabe's from the "wealthy" side of town, Zach isn't. When Gabe's older brother Shaun comes back to town for awhile, Zach falls in love and realizes he's gay - not a particularly easy revelation for him or his sister. Plot lines revolve around Zach's relationships with each of these people and others I haven't mentioned as well as his own personal goal of pursuing his love of art.
I recommend this movie highly. I saw it with Dan & friends. It is reviewed on IMBD. It can be rented from Netflix.
Voorheesville, NY
1 comment:
I agree; this was one of the most believable movies about a gay relationship I’ve seen in a long time.
Post a Comment